Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cleansing the house (part 2)

Sometimes, when discussing issues like cleansing the house and stuffs like that, it can become very controversial. Not everyone will agree with throwing away items from the house that seem so harmless. One may end up being labelled as a "freak" or being an "extremist". I remember hearing an Indian minister addressing his congregation to throw away all the photos taken during their Hindu wedding ceremony and to give up many of the cultural practices which have been practiced by them for all their lives. It was a struggle for most of the Indian believers. In fact, persecutions await them once they decide to take a public stand for Christ, valuing Him above everything else.

Limited understanding due to imbalanced teachings, different doctrinal upbringing or insensitivity to the leading of the Holy Spirit may cause one not to understand certain spiritual principles. The natural realm is very different from the spirit realm. The Word of God teaches us the value of things unseen and the invisible dimension of life. If one is unsure about whether to remove some objects or items from their house - the main principle is to obey the leading of the Holy Spirit at whatever cost. We may not fully understand the prompting of the Spirit of God but once we obey, His revelation will come. The following references/examples would shed some light in understanding the principles behind the acts of removing items or objects that attract/allow the operation of the powers of darkness in our lives and homes: -

(1) Ridding Your Home of Spiritual Darkness by Chuck D. Pierce and Rebecca Wagner Sytsema is a good book to read to understand more about doing house cleansing.

(2) Sis Victoria's blog posting on Demonic realm can affect natural realm is an excellent example of how the demonic realm "uses" natural object or item.

(3) Bro Thomas shared with me that he was also led to get rid of all the Hello Kitty dolls from his home. He was reluctant to do so initially until his spiritual eyes were opened to see the "demonic face" of the dolls. And on another ocassion, it was quickened within him to remove the reflective stickers from his room when he woke up from his sleep. Again, his spiritual eyes were also opened to see the "demonic eyes" on those stickers.

Following from my earlier post on house cleansing, a timely word from Marsha Burns on Sept 4, 2009 confirmed the workings and leadings of God for my family: -

SMALL STRAWS IN A SOFT WIND by Marsha Burns -- Sept. 4, 2009:
In a dream I was preparing for a new job, which seemed like a promotion. As I was cleaning out my desk and going through my files I found that most of what I had saved or valued from the past was useless nonsense, and there was nothing worth taking with me to my new position. I believe that this dream represents an elevation in the realm of the Spirit where we can be positioned to establish ourselves in God's plan and purposes and to fulfill our destiny. But, we will have to leave the past behind complete with things that we once thought to be important to make room for things that constitute spiritual value in the kingdom.
Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts


Getting rid of things that do not please God is sometimes a way God uses to prepare us for new levels of spiritual dimensions in our relationship with Him. Even though on one hand, doing house cleansing can close all the gateways of the enemy into our homes and lives, it is also a preparatory work to allow the King of Glory to visit our homes and lives. In the Old Testament, we read of accounts where after a period of time when the people of God have gone astray and later when the books of law (revelation) were rediscovered and read before the people, the kings would summon for solemn assembly and ordered for the removal and destruction of every idolatory objects from the land and the people of God would experience a measure of revival and renewal in their midst.

It's amazing the manner God speaks and leads His people. Little did I know that God was not done with our initial co-operation with Him to get rid of spiritual darkness from our home. Last Friday morning (4th Sept), after praying for a while I took a nap as I was feeling a little sleepy. In the middle of my nap, my spirit somehow "came out" of my body and it was like my spirit stepped into the spirit realm where there is no limitation of time. During the brief period of time, my spirit saw a few scenes in my house that explained certain attacks of the enemy in my family. It was a little bizarre but after receiving the understanding, I shared with my wife and that led to a massive removal of items from our house, as led by the Spirit of God. All glory to God for what He has done and what He is doing. He is definitely preparing us for greater things ahead and greater intimacy with Him.

Lord, prepare me to be a sanctuary
Pure and holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving, I'll be a living
Sanctuary for You

It is you, Lord
Who came to save
The heart and soul
Of every man
It is you Lord
who knows my weakness
Who gives me strength,
With thine own hand.

Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary
Pure and Holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving I'll be a living
Sanctuary for you

Lead Me on Lord
From temptation
Purify me
From within
Fill my heart with
You holy spirit
Take away all my sin

Lord prepare me to ba sanctuary
Pure and holy, tried and ture
With thanksgiving, I'll be a living
Sanctuary for You

0 responses:

Post a Comment